10 Best Health Benefits of Rose Apple Fruit
Rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin B3, the Rose Apple Fruit is a small shrub or a tree, mostly found in Southeast Asia. Its nutritional values helps in preventing strokes, diabetes, cramps, constipation and many such diseases. Rose Apple is also popularly known as chambakka, jambu fruit and paneer fruit.
1. Nutritional Overdose The high content of nutrients present in rose apples makes it imperative for a healthy body. Vitamin C, Vitamin A, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, potassium are all found in abundance in rose apples.
2. Prevents Diabetes This unusual fruit comes with an abundance of Jambosine – an alkaloid that helps monitor the conversion of starch into sugar. For potentially diabetic people, this could be a boon.
3. For Good Digestion Fiber content in the rose apple fruit is found in plenty. This aids in properly controlling the passage of food through the digestive tract. Problems related to digestion like constipation, diarrhoea, dysentery etc. are largely kept at bay.
4. Averts Cancer It contains active organic compounds that car reduce the possibilities of falling prey to cancer. In fact, chances of getting prostate and breast cancers can be reduced by adding this fruit to your diet.
5. Lessens Toxicity Often used as a diuretic substance, the rose apple fruit keeps the liver and kidneys clean and healthy. It also aids in boosting the metabolism of the body.
6. For a Healthy Heart Its rich nutritional value coupled with its high fibre content makes it imperative for a healthy heart. Together, these values enable an efficient monitoring of cholesterol levels in the body, thus averting dangers like strokes or other cardiovascular ailments.
7. Augments Fertility The high Vitamin C content found in the rose apple fruit is said to be an enhancer of male fertility. The fruit helps maintain healthy body cells including sperm cells that increase fertility.
8. Healthy Skin Not only does the rich Vitamin C content in rose apples increase fertility, but it also helps maintain a soft, glowing skin. It makes our skin invulnerable to oxidative damage.
9. For Your Eyes Only The fruit is home to Vitamin A in massive amounts. This also makes it quite beneficial for healthy vision. Consistent consumption leads to a sustained healthy eyesight.
10. Immunity Booster Given its health benefits, it is no surprise then, that rose apples strengthen our immunity. They keep our liver and kidneys clean, help maintain a healthy stomach and heart and even work wonders for our skin. It wards off diseases and infections to keep our bodies safe.