The Daily Health Benefits of Apples
You will be able to experience the following health benefits.
- It Helps Your Digestion: due to the amount of fibre in apples, your bowel movements become regular which prevents things like constipation and stomach conditions.
- Increases Nutrient Uptake: in addition to stimulating the metabolism, apples balance out bacteria in the large intestine. When the large intestine is properly balanced, nutrient uptake is improved which in turn helps eliminate toxins as the body can efficiently perform due to having enough nutrition.
- Reduces Cavities and Cleanses the Mouth: not only does eating apples every day help clean out your mouth; it can reduce how often you form cavities.
The reason for this is that when you eat an apple, you produce saliva which kills off bacteria and the fibre from the flesh of the apple cleanses between the teeth.
- Prevents Heart Conditions: apples have a high antioxidant value to them (found in the skin), so they actually reduce the oxidation of fats and reduces triglycerides that are found in your blood vessels.
This, in turn, reduces how much inflammation is found in the blood vessels and thereby reduces how much inflammation is in the cardiovascular system altogether.
- Reduces Carbohydrate Uptake: the polyphenols in apples have been linked to reducing how much and how quickly the human body “uptakes” or absorbs carbohydrates.
Due to this, blood sugar levels remain stable for longer, and the body is stimulated to release more insulin.
Apples also help speed up the removal of sugar from our bloodstream.